Wednesday, 29 July 2026

1813-15 battles in 20mm for AoE and V&F - (part 33) The British and Dutch line artillery



The Army of the Low Countries is virtually ready for Waterloo with only a few command stands missing. 


 The British line artillery was made of Revell figures with guns coming a bit from eveywhere: Esci carriages, Airfix barrels and wheels from 3d printed leftovers. 


After painting, this motley bunch doesn´t look that bad. 


The same story applies to the Dutch artillery but here there was a bit more work. Waterloo1815 makes a box of beautiful (Esci style) figures of Dutch artillery but with British guns which is wrong as the Gribeauval system was still used by the Dutch.  I used the British Revell bodies with Airfix French heads and Esci backpacks in order to build the figures.


As I was short of wheels I used the wheels of the steering tails of the Airfix Mark I WWI tanks. The problem with these wheels is having only six spokes. So six more were glued and taken from spare wheels. A bit troublesome but effective. The gun carriages came from the Esci Crimean Russian set with tubes from Airfix. The farthest gun is horse artillery. 

Next: British command stands

4 comments:

  1. Marvellous. Your improvisation with the guns and construction of the Dutch gunners was especially impressive.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, it was fun to make as you never know if these things come out Ok or not.

      Delete
  2. I would not have noticed the Frankenstein constructed if you didn’t tell us. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeffers, these constructions came out of the absence of proper models and a hurry in finishing all this.

    ReplyDelete