Tuesday, 25 August 2026

1813-15 battles in 20mm for AoE and V&F - (part 39) The French Soye brigade

 


General Jean-Louis Soye´s brigade was sucked into the fighting at Hougoumont and spent a good part of the Waterloo battle around woods and trying to breech the wall of the farm. It was  a large brigade with 3500 men and is represented here by the 1e de Ligne with a total of 9 stands. 


The figures are the usual mix of Airfix (the majority of the figures); Hat in overcoats; Hat with 1808 tails cut to look like the Bardin uniform; Esci (some with new backpacks) and Italeri for the drummer and eagle bearer. 

Next: it depends on what I will be able to get in the next few days as my to-do French infantry and artillery is closing to zero. If I can´t get new French figures I will start the 1815 Prussians. Eventually If I get something that sparks my imagination, something totally different will be made. 

8 comments:

  1. Soye Boys? No wonder they lost!😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Jerôme is more to be blamed at Hougoumont

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I think I spotted a wandering pole as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) sure you did. Otherwise how would they fit inside the frame? :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful mix! If you get desperate for some more French I am sure that I can find some in my collection that I could part with and send to you.
    Best wishes, James
    (email address in my profile if you are keen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mate, i'm returning from Dublin were I found some more boxes of French. Hope these are enough, otherwise i'll contact you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear. Don't hesitate if you are in need of some.

      Delete