Friday 18 October 2024

Little Bighorn 1876 in 20mm (part 11) - One more Sioux/Cheyenne foot warriors batch



 ... and probably the last one, at least in the near future, as I´m out of Indian figures. Including the two last US cavalry companies still on the making, I have around 400 figures total for both sides. The US side at LBH had a total of around 700 men (and one boy on vacations). At a ratio of 1 to 5 you need 140 figures which I already have,  but on the much bigger Indian side, of say 1800 men (a ratio of close to 3:1 in favor of the Indians), you need 360 figures from which I only have around 210, and that is counting with this group, still far from the aim. 


The figures are my remnants Revell, Atlantic and resized Airfix. There is an obvious exaggeration of feathered bonnets here, even if these were not exclusive of chiefs, but they were important as I was running out of figures and the feathered bonnets give lots of colour to the group. With so many feathered bonnets no one visiting my collection can call them Egyptians or Celts. The kind of thing that happens quite a lot :). 


All stands got spray primed with terracotta from Spectrum also in order to get the skin indian color something that speeded painting  a lot as skin color is dominant here. 

Next: last companies of 1876 US troopers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment