Tuesday 11 July 2023

RFR/Able Archer - The Israeli army for the Lebanon campaign of 1982 in 1...


First of all a big thank you to Neil Patterson for reminding me of CMSC and its history, as I forgot the name of this lovely brand in my Syrian army video. Also the "Fabbri" and other nonsense I said in this and the previous video about mystery resin and metal "collectibles" were in fact 1/87th scale Salvat models, as I checked in old posts from my blog. Fortunately I keep on finding them in flea markets and 2nd hand shops. Again you can see plenty of Roco Miniatures (1/87th scale) together with Peter Pig and QRF (1/100th). Some of the M60 MBT are Chinese toy models, and after covering them in ERA they play the part very well and are almost as good as the Roco or Salvat models. The infantry are whether Atlantic plastics or Peter Pig. The Aircraft are all 1/100th scale from Tamiya, Fabbri diecast and Revell.

4 comments:

  1. Joao, thanks for the acknowledgement!
    Lovely stuff! I like the sand- grey colour of your IDF vehicles.
    On the issue of scale differences.....☺

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its a question of being far away :) The sand grey is the Vallejo IDF sand colour sold in 60mm jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog. As to 1:87 M3 halftracks, your best bet is the Roco one if you can find any; the conversion is fairly easy, although by 1982 I think they may have changed the front grill with a new engine being installed. The only dedicated IDF versions I know in 1:87 are CMSC - out of production and the very expensive Aritec. There's also the diecast Johnny Lightning model but it's quite crude.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ll try the M3s the way you´re saying. They are for reserve units in 82 but so present in those days footage that they become mandatory.

      Delete